About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

BlogExplosion update, and thank you

I'm happy to say I've now been accepted on BlogExplosion. And already I'm really pleased with the results.

The site was approved sometime last night and by this morning I had received 87 visits. Six of you even took the time to leave me a comment - thank you so much. It is this kind of encouragement that will keep me on track with my goal.

I've been checking out each of your blogs. Hopefully you won't mind if I link to them here! In no particular order these are:

First up is Kelley who has three blogs: Last for PE, The Next Victim and Chick Books & Dimestore Romance. I particularly like The Next Victim which is a blog helping you protect yourself from scams. I'm doing a Ph.D. in computer security and am really intrigued by the sheer cunning of some of the scams out there.

The second of the six commentators is Damien. His site The Burning Question lets you submit questions which he'll then answer, such as why non-stick teflon sticks to the pan. Personally my burning question was always how spiders managed to string strands of web from one tree to another, etc. As a kid I imagined they must either crawl down one tree and up the other, keeping the strand taught, or just shoot it across spiderman style. It turns out they just let a strand blow in the breeze (keeping hold of one end) and wait until it hits and sticks to something. So I'll spare Damien from answering that one.

Third is Dr. Forbush who wrote
I want one billion dollars, because a billion is the new million. This is because of inflation of course. For example, with one million dollars and about 6% return on investment per year that is only about $60,000.00 per year. But with a billion dollars and %6 return that would be $60 million dollars per year. Now, I could live on that!

I'm with you on that one Doc. That's going to me my next target after I hit a million :) Dr. Forbush is another triple blogger: Dr. Forbush Thinks, Bring it on and Naked Politics.

The fourth comment came from lpkitten who is blogging about her attempt to get out of debt. I don't envy you one bit lp - but I really admire what you're doing. I consider myself lucky in that banks and so on viewed me as a bit of a liability and wouldn't give me credit cards and such like. While I'm starting to become sensible with money there was a time when I definitely wasn't... Also what are your plans once you get out of debt - are you going to keep on saving or will you be content just to be debt free?

Hmm... this is turning into quite a long post! Oh well..

Next is Jago whose blog is as new as mine. He seems like an interesting guy (a Russian living in Finland no less), so please visit his site and encourage him to keep posting - I'd like to hear what he's got to say. Keep at it Jago!

The final comment comes all the way from Bahrain. I have to admit that I didn't quite know where Bahrain was - so I checked it out. Bahrain is a group of 33 islands just off the east coast of Saudi Arabia and from the tourism website looks like a really nice place to visit. So maybe when I figure out how to make a million I'll come and tell you in person sillybahrainigirl!

Okay guys I'm going to wrap this one up.

Keep up the great comments!

Comments:
Welcome to BlogExplosion. I just joined myself and while I'm not sure whether I've been getting more views since I don't keep a stats counter or anything, I've been enjoying seeing some of the blogs on here.
 
Good luck with success for your blog; I remember how it was for me in the "starting out" phase. :-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?