About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

Quick and easy money saving tip

Here's a quick and easy way to save money, which can be applied in many situations.

Whenever you are about to buy something, think what you would do if that item was not available. Would you:

a) buy a equally or more expensive alternative,
b) buy a cheaper alternative, or
c) do without.

If you would do a) then just buy the item you intended to buy. If it is b) or c) then act as though the item was not available and either buy the cheaper alternative or do without.

I did this in a take-away restaurant. I saved a dollar and enjoyed the alternative meal just as much. I think I'll start using this technique more often.

If you get really good at it, you could even start imagining that your first two choices weren't available, or your first three. But probably best to start off small.

Comments:
True... u can always go without that soda... or ice cream... its just how much does it mean to you? i almost always splurge... i have a tip for u... dont know if its all over... but at least in my neighborhood...

Baskin Robbins sells HUGE sodas for 89 cents... which is about 80 cents less than comparable stores... not sure if its true all over...

BA~~4
 
I'd do that if it doesn't concern food. If it's food, I always get myself whatever I want.

Dr. Fil

BA~~49
 
I think I spend too much on the junk food that I eat. Next time I shall try to find a cheaper alternative.

P.S. I dunno if I will ever be able to take the 3rd option

BA~~131
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?