About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

The road to a million - an introduction

Hi, my name is Dan, I am 25 years old and I have have setup this blog to track my progress towards one of my major life goals - becoming a millionaire.

At the moment that goal is very far away. One of my first steps is going to be to work out my current net worth. I don't have an exact figure at the moment, but thanks to some hefty student loans it is somewhere south of zero. About £15,000 south.

As you may have noticed I talk in pounds - I'm from Scotland. I'm now doing a Ph.D. in Australia, however. This leaves me with the decision of which currency I am planning to become a millionaire in. At about 2.5 Australian dollars to the pound it is going to be a lot easier to become an Australian millionaire, so I'm going to do that first. From the point of the view of you, the reader, this will also make it easier to understand my progress as, for the time being at least, any references to my day-to-day finances will be in Aussie dollars. Unfortunately this move places me instantly further from my goal - I'm now about A$37,500 south of zero!

There are a number of reasons for creating this blog. First, I'd like somewhere to track my progress and to record ideas about getting there quicker. Second, I hope to share knowledge I aquire along the way with anyone else interested in making a million. Third, I hope to make contact with those potential millionaires and learn from them / share stories. Fourth and finally, I'm holding out the tiniest shred of hope that I may be able to make a couple of my million dollars by placing some (hopefully tasteful and useful) adverts on its pages.

Oh and I want to have a bit of fun, so it ain't all going to be budgeting. Stay tuned for tales of cheap holidays, home-brew alcohol and much more...

So thanks for reading this post. If you are interested at all in making your own million or if you have any advice for me, I'd love to hear from you.

Look forward to getting rich with you.

Cheers,
Dan.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?