About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

Simplified Money Management

After re-reading some of my earlier posts, I've realised that the way I've been managing my money is a bit complex. I've decided to simplify it.

The total amount of money available to me at any time can be thought of as a single lump sum. I've decided to simply split this lump sum into two parts. One part is the money I have allocated for expenses I know are coming up. The other part is my net worth - it is money that is not allocated for anything in particular.

I can go on for as long as I want about setting up emergency funds, short-term savings and long-term savings. But really it just boils down to what my net worth is. And my aim is simply to increase my net worth as much as I can.

In future I'll just record the total amount of money I have available to me, how much is allocated for various things, and how much is left as my net worth. That should make it easy to follow.

Comments:
Hey, i was following his lead... He pashed me... he used tounge... i just followed his lead! And anyway, sophie only has one picture of us pashing! Its so disapointing
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?