About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

Using Blog Explosion

Yesterday I signed up to Blog Explosion. Blog Explosion is a sort of blog traffic exchange. You read the blogs of BE members and in return you blog is read by other members. This is done in a two-to-one ratio; for every two blogs you read, yours will be read once.

I signed up this blog and then started reading some blogs while I waited on this one to be validated. Reading randomly chosen blogs was a lot of fun. It is really zeitgeisty and you get a strange sort of snap-shot of the world.

I signed up to Blog Explosion in order to build awareness of my blog and hopefully find contacts who are similarly interested in building their personal wealth. I have only been using the service for a couple of hours and already I have found two blogs which deal with a similar topic. These are 'Karen's Personal Financial Progress Report' and 'My Money Blog'. I plan to spend some time looking through them for useful information and perhaps make contact with the authors. I have already found a link on Karen's blog to Net Worth IQ which allows you to graph your net worth. I had been thinking about how I could add this to my site, so already I'm seeing the benefit of Blog Explosion.

Unfortunately my blog was refused by Blog Explosion for the reason that it 'primarily contain[s] advertising, or promote[s] business opportunities'. As I'm not promoting any business opportunities, it must be a reference to the Google AdSense links I placed on the page. I placed a link unit just above the top post and an ad unit down the left hand side of the page. I thought that the advertising was kept sufficiently subtle that it did not detract from the main purpose of the blog which is to record my financial progress. However, Blog Explosion do not agree.

As I am genuinely interested in using Blog Explosion to make contact with other financial bloggers, I have significantly cut back on advertising. I have left only a single ad unit containing two adverts. This is blended in with the colour scheme of the site. I am now going to resubmit my site to BE and hopefully have it accepted.

Comments:
hey - i wish you luck on your journey! i'm a fellow financial blogger except instead of trying to save money, i'm trying to pay back credit card debt. check it out. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?