About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

What is your biggest expense?

My biggest expense is rent, with my university tuition fees coming in a close second. What's yours? Mortgage? Shoes?

Nb: I'll write a proper post shortly...

Comments:
My mortgage and student loan payments are pretty close.

The scary thing is that I'll probably pay the house off faster than the student loan. I have a 15 year mortgage that we've paid on for several years. When I consolidated my student loans, I bumped them out to 30 years to free up more money for monthly expenses since I have low interest rates on the student loans.

Once the house is paid off, then I'll probably pay extra toward the student loans so that they are paid before my son graduates from high school 10 years or so from now.

Chris
Deliberate Chaos
BA~~32
 
Student Loans are easily atm... ugh.

But the end is in sight.

BA~~195
 
after my debt of course, my car is the biggest expense i face. insurance, gas and maintenace, ouch!

i have tried to cut back on those expenses by carpooling to work and shopping around for cheaper insurance. its funny to look at a graph of all of my expenses minus the debt and nearly 35% of the money i spend goes towards my car.
 
Rent. HECS after i get a job. Books for a material possession that keeps me broke
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?