About this site

Welcome to the $1,000,000 blog.

My name is Dan and I am going to raise my net worth from practically zero to one million dollars. This is where I write about how I make, save and invest my money.


million links
money links
misc links
The Million Dollar Blog is no longer active. All posts about my attempt to make a million dollars will appear on my new website: dmossop.zeeblo.com. Please update your bookmarks. Thanks.
 

Word verification for comments added

I've just activated Blogger's new word verification for comments feature. Now when you add a comment you'll have to type in a word that you see in an image. This is done to prevent automated spam commenting (of which I think I had my first example). It won't stop spammers who manually add comments, however.

Sorry for the added effort. Please keep the comments coming - they're what make this blog worth writing. That and the million dollars I'll have at the end of it all, of course!

Comments:
Just added it myself yesterday after getting my first comment spam.

Mik
 
Good luck to you!
 
I think it's the easiest way to scare people away from commenting, too much hassle.

But that's just my opinion.
 
This seems to be good, recently I got my first comment spam.
 
I don't get comment spam..... No one loves me!
 
We were getting so much spam that I stopped allowing anonymous comments for awhile. I really didn't want to do that, so I was glad to have the turing number system. Haven't had a single spam with only a link since then (probably have hundreds now LOL)!

BA~~82
 
That's probably a good idea. The only reason why I haven't done it yet is because I haven't been spammed all that much yet.
 
Good to see it hasn't stopped everyone commenting :)
 
down with spam comments!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?